Friday, February 8, 2008

Proverbial Nugget on Liberty

Someone unwilling to sacrifice liberties for the greater good is not truly liberated. This person's motive seems to be the same as those who would use liberty as a license to sin. "Self" is on the throne of their heart, not Christ. Reaching souls is no real concern for this person.

"...Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ...For though I am free of all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more...just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved." (1 Corinthians 9:12b, 19, 10:33)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The apostle Paul wrote, "It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak" 1 Cor 14:21. He always was willing to sacrifice his liberties so that others would not stumble, be offended or be made weak. In Acts 24:16, Paul clarifies it ever better when he says, "I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men". Everything we do, say, or portray will affect those around us. So let’s live for the Lord in such way that we consider others around us by sacrificing our own liberties so that others may see Christ through us.