Thursday, September 11, 2008

Farewell from Brian

This coming Monday will be our last and final meeting together as a young adult ministry. I wanted to use this last blog to give a sort of "farewell" as this chapter of our lives closes.

First, I want to encourage you all to read the blog previous to this one. I wrote it with my "stepping-down" in mind. I know some of you really appreciated and valued the young adult ministry and so I wanted to keep you mindful of your proper foundation, lest you stumble. Examine yourself and make sure your foundation is not laid on myself or the young adult ministry. If your foundation is solely on Christ, you will remain stable even though we're not meeting anymore. I encourage you to get plugged into another ministry in order to stay accountable and engaged in fellowship. Our church has an abundance of healthy ministries for you to get involved in. Christ is your foundation, not Surrendered. Its understandable if you're sad that its ending, my heart goes out to you and I'll be praying for the Lord to supply you with a new ministry. I have been super blessed to pour into a lot of you and watch your growth in the Lord; my prayer is that it continues.

Also, I want to thank all of you who've served the Lord alongside of me over these few years. Your service to the Lord has been helpful to me in the ministry and a blessing to witness. You have been faithful to serve tirelessly and sacrificially and I am humbled that the Lord brought all of you to be my co laborers in Christ. I appreciate your labor of love and your work of faith. Beyond my gratefulness, you have a far greater reward awaiting you when you stand before the Lord.

Finally, I can't close without saying that my wife and I love you guys. We really do. We have been extremely blessed to be a part of some of your lives. I cant' help but cherish all the times we've hung out, prayed, laughed, and borne our hearts with some of you. You have been a huge blessing to us and we can't thank all of you enough for being so loving and sweet to Crysti and I. We love you! It has been a privilege and an honor to minister with and to all of you. Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and love in this transitional season of our lives.

I'll leave you with Paul's farewell to the Ephesian elders: "So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified." Acts 20:32

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys. It has been a blessing to know and meet all of you. Brian, your teaching and friendship has been a blessing. I will keep you and your marriage in my prayers.

Much Love,
Ryan Martin (ryanv3n0m@gmail.com)

Anonymous said...

It was through this ministry that I had gotten saved. Even though the journey up to now (and onward) has had it's ups and downs, it has been something totally worthwhile and I do thank God for what He has done. This ministry had a huge affect on my life and I'm sure on many others as well.

Thank you Brian for allowing yourself to be used in such an amazing way. Your dedication to Surrendered has been a gift from the LORD and will be missed. He will provide for all of us and if we've had the pleasure of such a great ministry, I really can't wait to see what He has in stored next. God Bless Crysti and yourself!!