Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just Jesus

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: That Christ Jesus died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Today I went to an outreach, as you know the gospel was shared, there were different preachers, so of course it was preached in different ways but it was all the same message, Jesus died and rose again so you can have life through Him. One of the preachers shared his testimony and said that when he was first presented with the gospel, he preached Jesus and nothing else, no church, no religion, just Jesus (after all, that's all we need right?). It made me remember that my friend, who led me to Christ, did the same thing. He shared nothing but Jesus, so much so that I didn’t know what church he attended or even what his “religion” was; I just knew that I wanted what he had… I was challenged because at work lately I’ve been talking a lot about my church doing this… my friends going around the world to help people with aids… but am I preaching Jesus? What He’s done for them is all they really need to know… am I preaching the Gospel of Christ? Or am I preaching just another religion?

Which one are you preaching?

2 comments:

Mike Chon said...

reverend brian, i am always so encouraged and edified by your ministry. hey buddy, keep up the good work and i'm praying for ya... when are the li'l ones coming? m

Surrendered said...

Hey Mike, a sister in Surrendered named Maria wrote this blog. But, thanks for the comment and the prayer. I appreciate it. No lil ones for a long time!